Returns This Summer!
The Tradition Continues...
Returns This Summer!
Edmundston, May 25, 2016 – For the 4th consecutive year, the city of Edmundston hosts Le Dîner en Blanc. On August 18th, the annual secret affair, promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty and magic, as it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is only revealed minutes prior to the commencement of the event. Over 920 foodies, fashion and cultural enthusiasts have attended the event in the past.
"Since its first edition in 2013, Le Dîner en Blanc Edmundston continues to grow! The success of previous years are so encouraging, we did not hesitate to organize a fourth Dîner en Blanc. Given the scale of the organization, we have set a maximum capacity of 1 000 participants for the 2016 edition, we encourage people to express their interest in this sensational event by registering as soon as possible at our website ", explained the organizers Janel Ouellet and Juan Manuel Lara Tora.
Bystanders will witness groups of guests all dressed in white gathering at specific rallying points all across the city. Guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteers, these groups will then converge on one of the Edmundston’s most beautiful setting, travelling by foot or by bus. Every guest brings their own gourmet feast, table, chairs and table setting. Over the course of the evening, they will eat and celebrate amid music, entertainment and dancing.
The evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments including the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparklers to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. When at the end of the evening the trumpet sounds, guests pack up all of their belongings, pick up all their litter and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- To participate: the guests of the previous year are automatically invited, or a member of the previous year may invite a new member or register for the waiting list via the official website: edmundston.dinerenblanc.info/register, today.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth and white cloth napkins.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
- Champagne and/or wine only. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit the official website: edmundston.dinerenblanc.info.
Le Dîner en Blanc – Edmundston gratefully acknowledges their official local sponsors.
About Dîner en Blanc
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. Dîner en Blanc - Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on five continents. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 60 cities in more than 25 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair.
About The Hosts
Le Dîner en Blanc - Edmundston has a team of dynamic and dedicated volunteers led by Juan Manuel Toro Lara and Janel Ouellet. Ms. Ouellet, who is in his fourth year as organizer, is fascinated by the special events as long as she can remember. Juan Manuel Toro Lara is a young man involved in his community. Together they wish to make Le Dîner en Blanc- Edmundston a success to last through the years.
To keep up to date on event announcements:
Diner en Blanc - Edmundston
Hashtags: #dinerenblanc #DEBedmundston
For all official videos of Dîner en Blanc around the world, visit YouTube Le Dîner en Blanc
For more info and photos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit the official website dinerenblanc.info.